meet Agent99: a feisty chicago gurl making the rounds through her 30s accompanied by her canine sidekick, WeeBeastie.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

catcall of the day

i was starving this afternoon and decided to slip across the street to the funkin' don'tgotherenuts to grab a bagel. i'm trotting along and suddenly hear, "oh, you are SEXY! SEXY!" shrieked my way from an suv passing by. i never caught sight of this guy, but he proceeded to stick his paw up through his sunroof and wave at me for the rest of his journey down devon avenue. it caught me off guard and made me laugh, but at the same time, i have to wonder why men do this? honestly, what's the point? unless you're gonna brake that ride and try to chat me up, i just don't get it. i'm recalling that funny brotha in the woody wagon who rolled up next to me as i was entering my old tower grove crib in da lou and inquired about whether i had a man because "you sho' look good to me!" perhaps the lesson here is that i sho' look good when i'm creepin' the streets. he could have at least offered to buy me that bagel. put yo coin whur ya yap is, yo!